One of my favorite things about the holiday season is that I am always in the mood to bake. Something about the sweet smell of cupcakes rising in the oven changes winter from feeling cold and wet to cozy and festive.
When I first became vegan I thought I’d have to abandon all of my favorite recipes that I had collected over the years. But as it turned out, all I needed to do was swap nut milk for cow’s milk and learn how to replace the eggs! Surprising as it may seem, eggs are one of the easiest ingredients to replace in recipes. You have many options, and in this video I show you five:
- Ground Flax Seeds: 2.5 tablespoons ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water.
- Banana: ½ mushed super-ripe banana.
- Chia Seeds: 1 tablespoon chia seeds (ground or whole) mixed with ⅓ cup water. Allow to soak up water for 10 minutes—it will form a gel.
- Applesauce: ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- Peanut Butter: 3 tablespoons peanut butter (natural)
Finally, if you are interested in diving into the world of vegan baking, consider ordering one or two of these all-star vegan baking books: